Friday, December 31, 2010

My vows of 2011

The time has come again for a new year; in many ways, this is one of my favorite times of the year, because this is a time for re-evaluation, a time of self-discovery, and a time of change. It is in many ways a chance to become the person you want to be; I think that no one is really satisfied with themselves, and we're all trying to be something else, or at least something we think is better. I am on a ever-going mission of self-improvement, and I am going to use this coming year to do more things that make me happy, and things that make me a better person. So every month, I'm going to commit to doing something everyday, be it practice a new skill, or just make time for things that I love dearly but don't do often enough (like reading).

That being said, here are twelve things that I will commit one month out of 2011 to:
• Writing letters
• Blogging
• Doing something nice for strangers
• Crocheting / Knitting
• Making art
• Clothing modification / Sewing
• Cooking / Baking
• Taking pictures
• Going for bike rides / Hiking
• Giving gifts
• Eating something healthy
• Reading

I'd also really like to do more things for others. I would like to make someone's day every once in a while, and partake in some positive pranking, and just be more forgiving in general.

Also, I have spent way too much time in my comfort zone this past year, and that needs to stop. I whole-heartily agree with the idea that a life in the comfort zone is one which is not truly lived; and I need, with every fiber of my being, to live. So this is my vow: I will break through the walls of my comfort zone; I will do things that scare me; I will talk to strangers; I will take risks; I will travel; I will try new things; I will prove my existence; I will make a place for myself in this world, and I will make it a better place and I will decrease world suck (+1 for nerdfighter references!).

All of this will happen, and it will be great, but the most important thing I will do is see rightly, as is depicted below:

Tumblr_l7ray9bxkj1qctkw3o1_400_large
image is not mine, i found it on weheartit, and it is from my favorite book,
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I could go on (and on and on), but I think I've made my point. So here's to a year of love, change, self-improvement and discovery, all things happymaking, and seeing rightly! ♥

1 comment:

  1. To see rightly, what a beautiful yet challenging thought. A sort of an invitation to a journey. Kudos to you. I am so glad you are blogging again. You are inspirational and provide a joyous read. I am looking forward to the cooking month - do I get to pick the recipes, lol. I am going to make my own list and on it would be - to be cooked for. HAhahahahehehe (((HUGS))) Anonymommyous

    ReplyDelete